SC - Greetings!

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Sat Mar 18 09:32:07 PST 2000

- --------------D435B987A1FBA63772E15AF4

Thanks for the information.  I just went and looked at the web site, and
am not so sure that they invented the recipe.  From the commentary that
was translated into English, it would appear to me that they have used
an older, traditional recipe.

Does anyone else have any information on this...or know where I could go
to find some?

Thanks!

Kiri

"Decker, Terry D." wrote:

>  Limoncello is produced by an Italian firm, Gambardella, founded in
> 1963 by a confectioner who had been in the trade since 1930.  Their
> web site suggests that the recipe for limoncello is modern.  You can
> check it out at www.gambardella.it .Welcome to the party.Bear
>
>      I guess the question I have that I'd like to ask is if
>      anyone knows anything about an Italian liquor called
>      Limoncello.  I found the recipe in a recent Saveur
>      magazine.  The only information there (beyond the recipe)
>      was that it is a traditiional liquor from Amalfi.  The
>      ingredients are all pretty much period, so I suspect it may
>      be a period drink.  It is really good, and it would be great
>      if I could find documentation for it.  Any suggestions?
>
>      Kiri (mka Elaine Koogler)

- --------------D435B987A1FBA63772E15AF4

Thanks for the information.  I just went and looked at the web site,
and am not so sure that they invented the recipe.  From the commentary
that was translated into English, it would appear to me that they have
used an older, traditional recipe.
go to find some?
is produced by an Italian firm, Gambardella, founded in 1963 by a confectioner
who had been in the trade since 1930.  Their web site suggests that
the recipe for limoncello is modern.  You can check it out at <a href="http://www.gambardella.it">www.gambardella.it</a>
class=770421322-17032000></span><span
class=770421322-17032000></span><span
style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I
guess the question I have that I'd like to ask is if anyone knows anything
about an Italian liquor called Limoncello.  I found the recipe in
a recent <i>Saveur</i> magazine.  The only information there (beyond