SC - pewter casting & multiple feasts

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Sat Mar 18 13:24:29 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/18/2000 1:25:50 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
Gwynydd_of_Culloden at freemail.com.au writes:

<<  In Ynys Fawr one pays one's site fee and (with perhaps a lunch or tea
excluded)that covers all one's meals. >>

I cannot imagine that.  But, of course, things are a bit more populous here
in the Heart of The Knowne World.  A fighter practice at Encanto park
involves over a hundred fighters on a bad day........a "small" SunDragon
Baronial event involves scores of tents........Estrella War, well, let's just
say that encamping with six or eight thousand of your closest friends does
have it's drawbacks, among them being the fact that you can't cook for them
all individually (although I try, it's kinda like trying to drink the ocean
through a straw.)
Seriously, I was shocked and delighted to find out that anyone could purchase
a ticket to attend a coronation feast, not just Royals and Peers.
Along these lines, it is probably apocryphal, but one of the Horror stories
that goes around every year at Estrella is the tale of the mundane person who
walked into the Royal Encampment, placed his bermuda shorts on the King of
Atenveldt's throne, and demanded that his picture be taken.  Renn Faires
leave a bad taste in the mouths of some of us, because outsiders often assume
we are there to make money by entertaining them, too.  One of the reasons I
was initially so against the new site for Estrella is that it is on the same
side of Phoenix as the Ren Faire that opens the first week in February every
year.  I expected too many confused tourists to find us instead of them.

Mordonna the Cook,
SunDragon's Western Reaches
Atenveldt
(m.k.a. Buckeye, AZ)