SC - Re: Allison's question

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Sun Mar 19 09:01:16 PST 2000

I did not get to the exhibit, unfortunately (Fools & Fricassees at the Folger),
but do have a copy of the catalogue.  One of the appendices contains a cookbook by
one Sarah Longe, dated 1610.  I made a batch of almond cookies from a recipe in
this source, and they were delightful!  There are several recipes that can be
found in a number of other places as well, but this is another source that we can
use, and it is earlier than some of the others, like Digby.

Kiri