SC - Book on Cordials?

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 20 11:14:30 PST 2000

Yes, this book was published in 1943:

Arnaldus, de Villanova, d. 1311.
  [De vinis]
  The Earliest printed book on book on wine.  New
York:
Schuman's, 1943.

There are 15 libraries listed as have copies of this,
including Columbia, Yale, UC Berkeley and the Library
of Congress.

There is another book that I came across in searching
for this:

Turner, William, d. 1568.
  A Book of wines.  Imprinted by W. Seres, 1568.  New
York : Scholar's Facsimiles & Reprints, 1941.

And another reprint in 1980.

This is available at Library of Congress, Yale, and NY
Public, and several other libraries.

Huette

- --- Thomas Gloning <gloning at Mailer.Uni-Marburg.DE>