SC - Re: 12th C Anglo Norman ravioli, "Harpestraeng"+ ftp

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Mon Mar 20 16:03:11 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/20/2000 12:12:20 AM Eastern Standard Time,
allilyn at juno.com writes:

<< >>A dish called kloten en honær (chicken soup with meatballs)<<
 The dish by that name in His Grace's cookbook doesn't make me think of
 soup with meatballs, but I guess it could be done that way. >>

Auntie, I think you are thinking of the "koken von honer" recipe in the
Miscellany.  I made that mistake when I first saw this one, too, but later on
the koken van honer appears as a slightly different spelling, I think koken
wan honer, and is described as a chicken pie (and it's very good, by the way).

Brangwayna Morgan