SC - Re: Welcome back, Gunthar!

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Mar 22 07:27:54 PST 2000

> So, how come you didn't come to the SCA-Cooks get-together Friday
> night?

Two reasons. I never knew if it had really been set in stone for the
time/place,
and the other is that it happened to occur at the same time as Ansteorran
Court where His Majesty had Commanded all of us to attend.

> I think the seven or eight of us there enjoyed it. This included a
> lady who was a camp cook that I had met at the A&S Competition an
> hour or two earlier that day. She is an accomplished camp and mundane
> cook but didn't know much about period cooking. I hope she will be
> joining this list or at least browsing my files for period recipes.

I met a couple of people who were very interested in the list. Hopefully
we'll be getting a few converts here in a little while.

Oh and on the topic of cooking and Gulf Wars, two entries of cooking were
in the War Point A&S. One was Lady Gwyneth's Beef Stew. She would
have done better if she had a bit more documentation. But I heard several
people rave about the dish itself. And another lady who was evidently
very impressive and even included a live frog pie. I didn't get to attend the
judging so if someone has more information on these entries I'm sure we
would appreciate it.

> --
> Lord Stefan li Rous

Yers,