SC - Recepies wanted

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Mar 23 21:07:13 PST 2000

david friedman wrote:

> We like to add one further step--doing the whole feast in miniature,
> as a dinner for one table's worth of people. Invite the autocrat, the
> other cooks, and at least one person with conservative tastes in
> food. That gives you:
>
> Possible advance warning of bottlenecks you hadn't thought of
>
> A rough measure of whether you are making much too much of some
> things and too little of others
>
> Evidence on how the dishes fit together
>
> A pleasant evening.

YES!!!!
Been there, done that- the only way to go!
Six to eight seems to be a good group to try things out on- enough to
get a feel for quantities, but not so many that you can't do it in a
home. Add a couple of decent bottle of wine for those who partake, some
music, and you have a party!

(Once I even dressed in the clothes I was planning to wear for the
event, to make sure I could eat comfortably, especially in a strange new
headdress. Tippets and soup don't go well together.)

This is also a good way to gauge things like utensils, so you don't go
to serve soup to 200 and realize it hadn't occurred to you to bring
ladles...

'Lainie