SC - don't cringe too bad....

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 24 16:43:03 PST 2000

>Alas, most Boston Market memories will be just that, memories.  The
>company went out of business a few months back, I'm suprised you found
>one to eat in, they all closed around here.  Perhaps yours was a
>franchise that was privately owned.
>	Christianna

Actually they reorganized under a chapter 11 filing, then they were
bought out by some other huge corporation, although i'm forgetting
which one, so quite a few of their restaurants are still open.

There's one a few blocks from me. I walk past it when i go to the
supermarket, and it's always packed. One day the smell got to me and
i bought some. NEVER AGAIN. Not my thing. There was just something
about the reheated flavor of the chicken that i found unpleasant.

Especially since i discovered i can buy at a VERY gourmet shop an
equal distance from me in the opposite direction, a whole, roast,
*much* better quality chicken for the price of Boston Market's half a
chicken, institutional mashed potatoes and one soggy vegetable.

I can open an can of string beans or corn at home if i want Boston
Market quality.

And i can smash my own potatoes. Besides i like having bits of skin
and lumps in my potatoes, rather than who knows how they're processed
industrial ones - and i smash mine with real butter and lots of
garlic.

Sorry, i'm really NOT in a grumpy mood, i was just very disappointed
with what i had at the Boston Market - i didn't expect gourmet, but i
also didn't expect that reheated poultry flavor.

Anahita
just strongly stating yet another opinion