SC - Mediaeval cookbooks to begin with

Cindy M. Renfrow cindy at thousandeggs.com
Sat Mar 25 05:28:00 PST 2000

Thank you Aldyth, for mentioning my book.
I wrote Take a Thousand Eggs or More as a "real" cookbook for those
interested in medieval cookery.  It has the original 400 or so recipes from
Two Fifteenth C. Cookery Books, which I've transcribed, numbered & sorted.
It also has translations, and modern adaptations of about 120 of the
recipes.  There's a section of  how-to instructions for adapting medieval
recipes yourself,  and a glossary and original menus.  I've also indexed
it, not only by the name of the  dish, but also by ingredients.

Gwynydd,

As far as I know,  Take a Thousand Eggs or More is now available from the
SCA Stock Clerk in Australia.  Contact him at s3239567 at student.anu.edu.au
to see if this is the case.

Also, please visit my links page,
http://members.aol.com/renfrowcm/links.html where you'll find links to
Culinary History sites with info & documented recipes, as well as links to
online medieval cookbooks.

Regards,

Cindy Renfrow/Sincgiefu
cindy at thousandeggs.com