SC - don't cringe too bad....

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sat Mar 25 20:36:17 PST 2000

Now, the tradition of making cornbread slightly sweet and using yellow
cornmeal is as ancient and as honorable as any American tradition for
cornbread, provided you're North of the Mason-Dixon Line. However, if you
do this in the Southern part of the country you've committed, according
to some, a fairly major sacrilege.
> Adamantius

	I'm telling you, every 'Southern' cooking restaurant I've ever been
forced to eat in had the very kind of cornbread you're describing.  The
only white cornbread I've seen down here is some I made myself.
	Christianna