SC - Mediaeval cookbooks to begin with

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Mar 25 23:04:51 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/24/00 11:01:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
cnevin at caci.co.uk writes:

<< I have no medieval cookbooks in my oversized
 cookbook collection. >>

Sorry for the misunderstanding. The quote above is what I based my answers
on. Pleyn Delit, The Medieval Kitchen and any of the other myriad books that
are currently popular are, IMO, medieval cookbooks by any stretch of the
imagination. They are modern books based on period cuisine

Again I apologize but it never occurred to me to extend the definition of
'medieval cookbooks' to include modern works based on period sources. I still
don't. Sorry.

Ras.