SC - don't cringe too bad....

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Sun Mar 26 05:39:05 PST 2000

Corwyn,
I'm not sure that what I know as a mustard sauce is the same as what you know,
but that's the kind my Grandpa (from South Georgia) used to make...it had lemon
juice, butter, mustard, salt and pepper in it.  Also, he didn't put it on the
pork to cook it initially.  He cooked the pork roast until it could be shredded.
Then he shredded the pork into a glass baking dish, added the drippings from the
pan to the sauce and poured the whole works over the pork.  He spiral-sliced a
lemon and put that on the top.  Then the pan was placed in the oven to brown.
Mmmm....I can almost taste it now.  I occasionally make it now, but can't seem to
equal what he made...oh the memories of childhood!

Kiri