SC - Platina meat roll w/questions

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Mar 27 21:29:39 PST 2000

It might be similar to a pasty (minus the potatoes), or a hot-pocket sandwich.
I was at a feast this weekend at which the head cook served two different german
pastries/pasties, both very good.  One had a filling of salmon and red wine, and
the other was cheese and bacon.  Both were enclosed in a pastry dough that was
made with butter (not sure of exact ingreds.).  She made them ahead of time, and
reheated them in those large plugin roasters that always remind me of oversized
crockpots.  Perhaps you could try something like that, and glaze them just
before serving, to avoid sogginess.
- --Maire