SC - don't cringe too bad....

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Mar 28 11:23:44 PST 2000

I dunno.  But I do know that nam pla/garum/liquamen do serve as excellent
ingredients in many dishes in the cultures where it is used!  And while I would
never consider trying the stuff out of the bottle (YUCK!!!) and the thought of
fermented fish really turns me off, I do know that the dishes whose ingredients'
list includes it just don't taste right without it!

Kiri