SC - Saxon Violets

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Mar 28 19:51:23 PST 2000

Sue Clemenger wrote:

> Yeah, I've seen johnny jump ups--like miniature pansies.  I'm thinking of the
> _violets_ that smell like violet perfume.
> --Maire

Violas and violets are not the same thing- look similar, but not. Violas
are more closely related to pansies, IIRC.

BTW, Crabtree and Evelyn has a violet scented set- cologne, powder,
etc., but they can be hard to find. Easier to find lavander (another
purple flower but hardly resembling) but lavander makes me ill. But
seeds or seedlings for the flowers are nowhere to be seen it seems. But
Amy tells me when I have a place of my own again I can dig some of the
ones here and take them with.

'Lainie