SC - Hamburger Everywhere!

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Tue Mar 28 21:50:01 PST 2000

> > I think he meant the meat cut as hamburger, ie ground beef.  The
> place I have gone to calls them loose meat sandwiches, not hamburgers.
> >
> > Murkial
> Okay, so this may be a matter of a modern description tacked onto an
> older dish. My point was that the loose meat sandwich doesn't seem
> to have originated significantly later than the use of ground meat to
> make hamburgers (which were originally made with things other than
ground meat), therefore there'd seem to be little reason to call ground
> beef "hamburger".
>
> Adamantius

	All this talk of ground beef, and here I am up to my elbows in it.  I
have a Beef y-stewed in the crock pot, I just finished Casserole of Meat
(Spanish Orange Beef Casserole), I have "A Dishe Made of Meat" ready for
its second stage tomorow, and a Ramekin of Fleshe in the oven.
Correction, just out of the oven.  Tara just took home about 3 pounds of
it to make Platina's Meat Roll, and another of our group has about 2-3
pounds to make Meat Pies with.  I've got several sauces to make, but I
think they are going to have to be made tomorow, I'm running out of steam
tonight.  I sure hope somebody brings some chicken, I don't even eat
beef!
	(We also have about 8 pounds of pulled, smoked pork that is going to go
with the sauces.  Don't you worry, I won't go hungry!)
	Recipes after tomorow night,
	Christianna