SC - Re: table eating utensils

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Mar 28 22:14:34 PST 2000

Par commented:
> On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Stefan li Rous wrote:
> > > Wouldn't we need a saw and chisel instead of Forks and spoons to do as the
> > > subject line suggests. I'll have my table medium rare, with just a hint of
> > > Charcoal.
>
> > Not if it is a sugar-paste soteltie.
>
> Damn, I was hoping for one of the meat based ones (as the pitcher in 2
> 15thc cookbooks)

Interesting. I think I might have heard this mentioned before. More
details, please. Are these made of one piece of carved meat? Ground
meat and a binder? Sliced meat and a binder? Were they used empty?
or was some other food item put into them? Were these dried after
construction so they wouldn't go bad? Or just to be served quickly?
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net