SC - don't cringe too bad....

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Mar 29 00:19:17 PST 2000

CBlackwill at aol.com wrote:

> I can't imagine this to be the case.  McDonalds has spent an obscene amount
> of money on R&D for everything in their restaurants, right down to a very
> special formula for their cooking oil (which is produced, like their
> potatoes, by Simplot).  This is why Mickey D's french fries are the yummiest
> in the world.  I don't think they would allow their Asian franchisees (if
> these are even franchise stores) to meddle with the product.

PPPPBBBBTTTHHHHTT!!!!

McDonald's French Fries can't hold a candle to: a) the Spartan Drive-in
in Sumner, Washington (high school hangout and the place a boy I loved
desperately in 1981 worked...) and THE BEST IN THE WORLD (drummroll) b)
at McMenamin's (sort-of but-not-really chain of brewpubs in Washington
and Oregon). Fresh potatoes, skins on, run through the cutter, slender
fries, lots of grease, light salt, and catsup or malt vinegar as you
will. Nothing better with a pint of Ruby Tuesday...

'Lainie