SC - OOP - Resturant Talk

Christi Rigby christirigby at pcisys.net
Wed Mar 29 08:17:52 PST 2000

Kiri wrote:
My mother found a recipe...probably from Campbell's Soup...that was for
Sloppy
Joe's, and the main ingredient, other than the hamburger, was a can Chicken
Gumbo
Soup.  Basically you brown the meat, add the soup, along with catsup and let
the
whole mess simmer for a bit.  Then it gets served over buns.  She came up
with a
variation using mustard instead of catsup and served it over rice...not bad.

My MIL makes her sloppy joes like this too.  And they are really good but
the seemed more greasy to me than standard out of the can Manwich mix.  I
don't know if I can ever eat them again though, I got sick on them when my
gall bladder gave out and now I have this can of chicken gumbo soup sitting
in the cupboard I refuse to use.

Murkial