SC - Polenta and Cornmeal

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Wed Mar 29 15:10:54 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/29/00 2:10:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mermayde at juno.com writes:

<< Ok, here's a question.  What do We (the collective We, kind of like the
 Q) know about lye processing of corn products? >>

    Well, my portion of the Collective doesn't know more than the bare fact
that such things happen............ ;-) As I mentioned, I prefer to buy my
polenta cornmeal from the health food store, since it *isn't* so processed
and is therefore tastier and, presumably, more nutritious. Mind you I don't
have any of the problems with "regular" grits and such that you said Dallas
does, I just prefer to save my "empty calorie quotient" for stuff with lots
of sugar and butter............. (G)

            Diana, who is just going to *have* to make cornbread tonight,
after all this discussion! So much for the feast leftovers we *should* be
polishing off...... ;-)