SC - Period Ingredients Master List

margali margali at 99main.com
Thu Mar 30 04:03:20 PST 2000

ROTFLMAO-
I just finished watching that interminable stpidly planned expedition to
dig up a whole flash frozen mammoth, and remembered reading that {IIRC]
the russian court in our period had been served a dish of mammoth from a
critter dug up on the tundra...
Now, if we could go and dig up a mammoth of our own, we could do a
really good recreation of this meal..
margali
[although some of the heirloom breeds might come pretty close, like
silver dorking chickens, for example]

If the dish calls for beef, we'll go to the
grocery store and buy beef (not "mongolian beef" or "Persian Beef, circa
1236
a.d.").  There are very few species of "anything" left these days which
have
not undergone vast genetic mutations over the years since our Society is

supposed to have existed.