SC - internet-OT-OOP

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Mar 30 17:57:57 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/29/00 9:33:25 AM Eastern Standard Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<< Actually, it's my understanding that what Gore said was, "We invented
 the Internet...", referring, in context, to American contributions to
 same, and to the current regime's promotion of it in homes and schools.
 Arguable, I suppose, but I don't believe he ever claimed personal
 credit.  >>

This is correct. During this administration's drive to computerize the
nation, the number of web pages has increased from a dozen or so to over 50
billion. Quite an achievement, IMO.

One of the most positive aspects of this drive, ooutside strengthening the
constitutional free speech clauses, is the hundreds of sites devoted to
recipes and cookery from literally most every nation and culture. :-)

Ras