SC - don't cringe too bad....

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Mar 31 03:50:16 PST 2000

Christine A Seelye-King wrote:

> My lord was born and raised in Memphis, TN, and he introduced me to this
> method of eating BBQ.  Don't knock it until you've tried it, it is
> absolutely wonderful.
>         Christianna, born a northerner, Meridian my whole SCA life
>
> On Wed, 29 Mar 2000 Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> writes:
> > Coleslaw on _top_ of the meat? hmmm...that's right up there
> > w/unsweetened cornbread! <g>
> > --Maire the northerner
>
> > CorwynWdwd at aol.com wrote:
>  I go to Henry's Smokehouse (or other fine establishments of like type)
> and I squirt on some sauce, slap on some coleslaw and take a bite.
> > > Corwyn

Funny, my lady wife acquired this habit growing up in the South Bronx.
Then again, since many residents of the South Bronx are, were, know or
are related to, displaced Southerners, I suppose this isn't so odd. It
isn't bad at all. My own feeling is that it confuses the flavor of good
barbecue, but can be quite tasty on some of the industrial-grade
sandwich meats.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy