SC - Highnesses, Lownesses, and Period Cooking.

Jeff Gedney JGedney at dictaphone.com
Wed Mar 1 06:48:32 PST 2000

> but in Trimaris it has been
> known for a fighter to call another out during a feast, the two go out,
> armor up, and fight...

This really disturbs me.

Chibvalric combat in the SCA is one of our oldest traditions and the
means by which we choose Kings. it is one of the Underpinnings of
the SCA. to see it subverted into a means of thrashing someone into
making an apology....
it just makes me feel icky.

Poppy Gunthar? you have been in the Heavy lists more recently than I
( I blew out my spine years ago, restricted to fencing, dontcha know! ),
is this a frequent occurrence ANYWHERE else? especially in light of
the rules of the lists forbidding taking the field to settle personal scores?

brandu