SC - [Trimaris] Give it a rest will you!!!

The Cheshire Cat cheshire at southcom.com.au
Wed Mar 1 13:40:30 PST 2000

Christianna wrote:

>Unto the gentles of the SCA Cook's List,
>Does Mistress Christianna MacGrain Sendeth Greetings,
>	Good Gentles,
>		I have been following the discussion surrounding the words
>of the
>Trimarian Princess for several days now.  I have forwarded some useful
>ideas to our local Cook's list to encourage discussion amongst us.   I
>read with interest the many solutions posed by members of this list to
>deal with such a Royal edict.
>	I have become increasingly distressed at the nature of the posts in the
>last day or so.  True, the public letter from HRH was ill-advised at
>best.  I take my cooking, eating, feasting and fun very seriously.
>However, there has been a turn towards the personal, hateful, and
>unproductive in the last day or so, and some of what I have read is
>nothing short of Treason.  (Laugh if you will, but there it is.)
>	I rue the fact that HRH has seen fit to proclaim such a preference, but
>will try to work in my area to insure that similar attitudes are
>addressed and debunked, if possible.  I will encourage other cooks to
>continue to produce period, tasty food.  But, I do not wish to sit by and
>see us degenerate this discussion into a mud-slinging fest (for a food
>fight might surely follow, and there's not much I hate worse than a food
>fight - grrr...).  Let us please remember our gentility and desire to
>have FUN, and cease the destructive bent we are currently on.
>	Thank you,
>	Christianna

Hear, Hear!!!!  We are supposed to be a CONSTRUCTIVE list.  I too
understand the anger many of you are feeling, but muck slinging is not
constructive and only serves to make the poster of such rubbish look bad.
I think everyone can agree, looking at the posting with a little bit of
common sense that it is quite possible, even likely that the words of HRH
were not intended to give such offence to the Trimaran Cooks.  What does it
benefit her to make such statements just before she steps up as Queen?  It
probably lacked some clarification to make it all clearer.  There is no
need to get personal.  If you want to get personal, take it off this list,
or better still, lay this argument to rest.  You have said enough and it's
time to get back to the REAL topic of this list.
- -Katerine