SC - Feasts in Trimaris

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Wed Mar 1 11:25:01 PST 2000

At 10:25 AM -0500 3/1/00, DianaFiona at aol.com wrote:

>     Quick reply--in the States it can be hard as the dickens to find real
>linnen, and when you do it is FAR more expensive than cotton. I live in the
>South, too, and most of my garb is cotton for those reasons.............

There may be places where that is true, but it isn't true in general.
My record low price for linen, I think about a dollar a yard
(admittedly, not terribly good linen) was from a fabric store in New
Orleans. I've bought it in Chicago, New York, Philadephia,
Boston--not as cheap as cotton, but not horribly expensive (i.e.
$2-$5 yard). Certainly it is not as easy to find as cotton, and I am
sure there are places where it is almost impossible to find, but not,
by my experience, in a big city.

David Friedman
Professor of Law
Santa Clara University