SC - Religious dietary restrictions

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Thu Mar 2 11:45:39 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/2/2000 10:25:06 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
jallen at multipro.com writes:

<<
 > How are horses different from cows or sheep or pigs or other mammals that
 > they slow gleefully eat?

 They're cute!  Have you no decency?!  You can't eat cute animals!  What ---
 a cow?  Get on the f*^%ing truck.  (To paraphrase Denis Leary)

Dear, I'm sorry, but how hypocritical can you get?  I don't think I've ever
seen anything (other than MY GRANDSON) cuter than a baby calf, when it's all
big eyes and knobby knees, or a baby chick or duckling when it's all fluffy
and wobbly.  I just named the calves LUNCH so I would remember what they were
for, and the fowl got names like Coq au Vin and Duck l'Orange.  At one time I
had a horse I named McDonald.  No, he didn't end up on our dinner table.  He
died in his pasture and was buried in a lovely setting, but I thought it was
a hilarious name for a horse.  The reason I never raised a horse for the
table was because the darned things are more expensive to obtain and raise
than I like my food to be.  Personally, I think a good mule is a LOT more
useful, easier to raise, and tastes better, but there is no accounting for
tastes, and tastes rule economics.

Mordonna the Cook,
SunDragon's Western Reaches
Atenveldt