SC - Re: Alcohol in food (RANT)

margali margali at 99main.com
Thu Mar 2 18:48:42 PST 2000

That also depends on what your favorite drink was. My ex Eric loved the
harder stuff, and could ignore wine flavored foods, but a rum or brandy
truffle made with fake nonalcoholic flavoring would trigger a slide.
Others he knew could do all the fake rum and brandy they wanted but wine
flavoring was their trigger. My dad isn't triggered by the taste of
either, it takes the full effect of the alcohol to make him go.
Myself, I can take it or leave it. I prefer to use it for extra special
occasions-the occasional mead from Max at Pennsic and my birthday, asti
for new years and my annual 1/2 can of beer for 4th of july. I do like
to cook with wine, being diabetic it helps to make flavors more intense
so I dont have to use as much salt or sweeteners.
margali

You are very lucky in that the taste does not
trigger a craving. But I personally do know several individuals
in which that is not the case.  I guess it comes down to the fact
that all people are different in how they react to things.

Bernadette