SC - Re: Alcohol in food (RANT)

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Mar 2 20:01:40 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/2/00 12:46:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Kekilpenny at aol.com writes:

<< Since I'm not able to understand how people can continue to treat each
other
 in such away...in this.."day" and age...I'll leave this list. There's enough
 hate and ignorance out in the world without it coming into my home by way of
 a mail list. >>

I wish you would stay so the rest of us would not loose the benefit of your
knowledge. However, tolerance is a two way street. Religious must be tolerant
of non-religious also. Either stand results in what you describe above. For
instance, locally our school allows after school meetings of Christian
students but will not allow the pagan students to meet. This appalling to me
since I feel it more important to allow the Pagans to meet and consider it
gross intolerance to only allow a specific religion such a privilege. Cooking
is the same way. If one person expresses a religious reason for not eating
something, I have no problem with this but I will not leave the ingredient
out for them. They will have an ingredients list available so they may see
what delights I have prepared for them that they can feel comfortable with.
This is not hate or bigotry. It is not bowing to a decided minority whose
personal agenda is not necessarily good for the group. Where do you see hate
and intolerance when an obvious attempt to please all has been made?

Ras