SC - linen

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Fri Mar 3 10:16:26 PST 2000

memorman at oldcolo.com writes:

<<
 But at estate sales you can often get armloads of nice, soft, well-washed
 linen tablecloths - especially if there are a few stains that you can cut
 around.  They make wonderful, wonderful period underwear.

 elaina >>
    Yummy stuff, indeed--but a bit hot for underwear for me in our Meridian
climate. At least, all the tablecloths I've seen have been more the weight of
what we use for outerwear here most of the year........... ;-) Plus, I'm
quite a wimp when it comes to our humidity, and when you add our heat to it,
welllllllll.............. I tend to wear one-layer garb, like chitons, all
summer! I *would* love to lay my hands on some handkerchief linen for
chemises sometime, but I haven't actually seen any around for years, nor
could I pay the prices they were asking last time I did see any.......... :-(
    Ah, well--chitons are great for kitchen wear, at least! (G)

            Ldy Diana, enjoying our Spring weather, but dreading Summer's
heat!