SC - Beef Stew With Vegetables!!!

Christi Rigby christirigby at pcisys.net
Fri Mar 3 14:56:59 PST 2000

Adamantius wrote:

I thought people might be interested in the preliminary findings, viz.,
that the Steamed Beef Stew in Anthimus' 6th-century "De Oberuatione
Ciborum Epistula" is very spiff indeed.

I'm finishing the cooking of the meat on top of the vegetables (yes, a
period European stew with vegetables!) shaking the pot every so often to
coat the meat with the sauce. About a minute ago, steam pressure in the
pot suddenly built up to the point where the whole house suddenly filled
with the most lovely smell of beef, herbs, and aromatic vegetables.