OT:OP: was SC - Kosher Plants Hygienic, HAH!

Sharon R. Saroff sindara at pobox.com
Sat Mar 4 20:40:14 PST 2000

By Jewish law the chickens have to be killed and processed a specific way
or else they are not kosher.  My grandfather did this for a living when my
dad was a boy.  From what I remeber, you make a quick cut at a certain spot
in the neck.  All meat and poultry is soaked and salted to draw out the
rest of the blood.  If you want to verify this, you can call Empire Kosher.
 They are the largest kosher chicken company.  I believe they are located
in the Baltimore area.

Sindara