SC - Praestost

Angus angus at iamawitch.com
Sun Mar 5 06:31:56 PST 2000

OK, some update on an old subject from last year,mid december or so....

Someone, I can't recall who, wondered if the Swedish Prästost really dated back to the 15th century.
I've finally done some digging and it seems it dates back to the 14th century, at least according to Arla's
homepage.  No encyclopedias I've looked in has been very specific about when it first appeared but more concerned with its characteristics.

Last but not least, a question:
I couldn't use the Swedish 'ä' in the subject due to the web server where my e-mail is based.  Someone posted some codes for displaying it as well as a few other characters.  How is this code entered into the subject line so that it reads 'Prästost'and not 'Pr%code%stost'.  Unfortunately I no longer have the codes.  The vanished along with my previous mailbox which died peacefully in its sleep.

Angus MacIomhair

==
/Håkan