SC - FORTY-FOUR MESSAGES BEHIND!!!

Ron and Laurene Wells tinyzoo at aracnet.com
Sun Mar 5 15:01:07 PST 2000

Everybody, please!  BE QUIET!!!  I'm now 44 messages behind and I'm trying
to get caught up!  But it seems like I get through one digest, and 2 more
new ones come in before I'm even done!
GRIN...
I know this is an exciting list to participate on.  That is why I like it.
There is always someone ready to respond on the same-day that a message is
posted.  I am just trying to manage my family, homeschool my children,
(failing at) cleaning my house, and read my other emails that come in daily
as well!  I like this SCA-Cooks list.  I learn a lot from reading it.  But
it is SO overwhelming sometimes!

Some of you who have children might be interested in a book we checked out
from the library.  I have been reading a few pages a week to my children,
and it is very interesting!  The publisher has re-created scenes to look
like medival ages and used these photographs as the backdrop for the page.
The book seems to be part of an "I WAS THERE" series. It is called "KNIGHTS
in Armor" there is no author.  The ISBN numer is 1898304424 if you have
some means of locating the book that way, as each book has a unique ISBN
number.
It is not intended to be an adults book, but I have enjoyed reading it to
my kids.  And learned a fair bit myself in the process.

There was another book we checked out from the library called "CASTLE LIFE"
that even had a Medieval recipe in it, but it seems we tool it back to the
library already.

Happy cooking!
- -Laurene