SC - Re: Period Norse

Holly A. Youngquist lady_francesca at juno.com
Mon Mar 6 20:41:11 PST 2000

Hi again,
	I would even like things that date AFTER 1000.  TRH Thjo and Yrsa, from
what I hear, are planning an early period reign, but I would like to find
documentation, ANY documentation.
	I haven't entered an A&S competition before so I want to at least have
SOME reference that I can offer, if there is any.  Are there any other
desserts that anyone knows of, such as rosettes or 'cookie' type things,
that are documentable - even in late period?  	I could try to make
lingonberry sauce, if I can document it, even a little.  That is assuming
I can find frozen lingonberries somewhere that I can cook down.  And if I
do try that, would it be acceptable to sweeten it with turbinado sugar?
Lingonberries seem to me a bit milder than cranberries, but are still
pretty tart.

Thanks for the help,
Francesca

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000 16:30:38 EST Aldyth at aol.com writes:
> So, do we have any Norse cooking things that date prior to 1000 ?
>
> Aldyth

> SCA-Cooks".

===