SC - Re: aqua vitae

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Tue Mar 7 02:26:51 PST 2000

I often use vodka. My reasoning is simple, and it isn't that it's cheeper.
Understand the limits of print and know that I'm not trying to be snippy or
anything but....

I use vodka because the recipes I've seen most often describe a freshly
distilled spirit, not one that has been aged in wood or colored with
whatever. What came out of the cooling worms in those still houses was white
liquor. Since I come from a long line of people engaged in that sort of
business I can promise you that much. I would be GLAD to use a spirit
distilled from wine if someone could point out to me one that I could use
that wasn't aged and colored to begin with.

Please excuse the boldness of my statement, but put me on to a grape spirit
that is white and I'll drop vodka like a hot potato (except for haroka).

Corwyn