SC - Feast Prices

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Tue Mar 7 22:46:02 PST 2000

I, personally, have never set a feast price to make money.  I want to give a
good meal at a reasonable price.  That means I buy stewing hens for blanc
mange and leg quarters at $0.19 per lb. and shop specials for months if need
be.  I instituted the Shire pantry for staples -- quantity buying is almost
always cheaper, just don't buy ground spices that way, only the whole
variety.  Last year when the Shire and I split 52 lbs. of unclaimed venison
for $39.95, we rented a meat locker by the year for $30 because I didn't
have the room anymore in my freezer.  One lady of my acquaintance is superb
at getting meat and other food items donated.

Depending on what we are serving, the feast fee runs between $5 - $8 except
for Dragon's Tear Tourney -- the longest continually held tourney in
Artemisia (16 yrs. this July) where we charge $10 - $12 and give them 5
meals (Fri. night thru Sun. morning).

Fundraisers are for raising money -- not feasts.  I'm with Ras on this one.
We can't afford to price things so high that the average Montanan isn't able
to pay.  I have never not had enough food to serve and always give away the
leftovers as people leave -- they paid for the food.

Raoghnailt
Shire of Stan Wyrm, Kingdom of Artemisia
Veritas praevalebit
rygbee at montana.com