SC - Allergies in general

Ann Lee ealee at smtpgate.dphe.state.co.us
Wed Mar 8 13:42:35 PST 2000

Sorry, but I guess I am the exception to your rule.  I haven't replied to this sooner because I am just getting caught up on back e-mail because I have been recovering from a respiratory infection caused by . . . . . a severe allergic reaction to hay and alfalfa particulates breathed in while helping a friend feed her sheep after a half day spent shearing ¯ outside.   You also should have seen the hives that popped up within 5 minutes of touching the stuff  ¯ the feed, not the sheep.

Yes, I _know_ that it is the hay and alfalfa because this is not the first time I have had this reaction, it is just getting worse each time.  It's not the sheep because I can spend time around them handling them without reacting like this.

I don't have air-conditioning either at home or in the car (unless you count rolling down the window), and I generally go walking outdoors for lunch, and take the bus to and from work.  Also have an herb garden.  Lots of outdoor exposure.

Ann (usually just the exception to the rule type person)