SC - Feast Fees in Ansteorra

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Mar 9 11:03:21 PST 2000

> As well as being rudely delivered, the information is incorrect.  Most of
> the feasts I have attended in Ansteorra over the past 20 odd years have been
> budgeted and sold seperate from the event fees.  It may be that Steppes
> Twelfth Night being a feast combined the fees, but I vaguely remember that
> feast being sold seperately back when we were a principality.

Much later than that. I think I was among the first to do the
"one-fee-for-everyone"
thing. This started with Black Oak Keep for me. We felt that we charged a
decent
site fee and threw in feast as a hospitality gesture. You could eat or not.
This
was also a response to the spate we had a few years ago of people eating feast
but
not paying for it. This way everyone was covered.

I know it was done earlier but I have always done it this way.

> I've done feasts both ways and I much prefer seperate budgeting and fees.

For a budgeting standpoint I agree. And even for someone who limits their
feasts to a certain number. But I like to feed everyone who shows up. Although
events are getting so big that I will probably limit my feasts to only a few
hundred.

> Bear

Yers,

Gunthar

(Ah, remember those nifty Black Oak Keep feasts under the stars?)