SC - self discipline

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Mar 9 23:42:39 PST 2000

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> > Self discipline....... what a concept!!
> > (Wish I could be as good!  Must try harder!!  )
> > :-)
> > Phillipa
> > <<  I kind of enjoy the exercise of
> >  self-discipline >>
>
> Well, here you go. In the Florilegium:
> punishments-msg   (27K) 12/21/99    Period tortures, executions and punishments.
> whips-msg         (15K) 10/24/97    Medieval whips. Construction and use.
> chasity-belts-msg (14K)  9/12/97    Chasity belts in the Middle Ages.
>
> or even:
> coronets-msg      (25K)  6/22/99    Medieval coronets and crowns.

Oh, _Stefan_! Even for you, that was a little, uh, _over-the-top_!

St Augustine would argue that self-flaggelation, etc., is in itself an
excess that must be disciplined. And Origen would probably say that it
is too close to ecstasy and might in itself lead to sin...

Coronets and Crowns have their own inherent hazards.

'Lainie