SC - RE: SC Verjus

Magdalena magdlena at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 10 13:37:04 PST 2000

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/10/00 1:17:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> magdlena at earthlink.net writes:
>
> << Pullus in Acresta
>

>  Platina
>  2.26 On Verjuice  {De Acore}
>
>  What they commonly call acresta,  >>
>
> OK. We now know the meaning of the word (sort of). But I missed what the
> point of the post was. Are you agreeing or disagreeing with the juice vs.
> actual grapes being used. Or are you saying that the term is used
> interchangeably with grapes and juice?

Actually, it was a multi-purpose post.  I was replying to the suggestion that
"Chicken in Verjuice" is a mistranslation by giving the original plus Platina's
description of verjuice, and replying to the earlier question about whether
green plum verjuice is documentable in Platina.  I put in the original part
about Macrobius's definition of verjuice because I had to read it 3 times before
I was sure that the translation was correct.  Platina seems to be using mashed
unripe grapes interchangeably with verjuice.

- -Magdalena