SC - Lady Seaton's Project

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Mon Mar 13 21:00:31 PST 2000

I believe you are referring to the vegetarian scotch eggs?  This was not my
recipe, only  a question asked of me.

As to the on-going allergy inflicted recipe change, as Lord Ras writes and I
agree with, while changing a recipe very often takes the recipe far from its
origins and changes it sometimes into something completely different. It *is*
the only way some of us can enjoy so many of the medieval preparations. YIS,
<<Keep up the good work, Phillipa, and ignore my 'harumphs' and other sounds.

Ignore you my lord? heavens no! Your 'harumphs" are music to my ears!
Phillipa
<<
 << Is there a reason she's
  attempting that particular recipe? >>

 I suspect that this is an ongoing project for Lady Seaton. She has begun,
 with my good graces, a project involving adapting SCA foods and period
 recipes into a form which can be eaten by people with serious illness or
food
 restrictions such as colitis, diabetes and several others. While the results
 cannot be said to be period by any stretch of the imagination and I have
 varying opinions about the results, I feel this work is a good thing and
 might provide a means whereby those with serious illnesses might be able to
 have a 'medieval-like' experience while being able to eat well.

 Keep up the good work, Phillipa, and ignore my 'harumphs' and other sounds.
 :-)

 Ras >>