SC - FEast tokens

Bethany Public Library betpulib at ptdprolog.net
Mon Mar 13 20:30:07 PST 2000

Actually, we find that just having the tokens present is sufficient
deterrent. There is an added bonus that if someone paid and can't stay, they
can give their token to someone who wanted to stay but didn't have time to
make reservations (or arrived to find we'd sold out). That make it the
attendee's problem to figure out last minute money changes, and not our
exchequer's problem an hour before feast.

Feast tokens are usually simple. Some are small cast tokens on a string
(making it a $20.00 proposition for small tokens if labor is donated). I
have seen wooden, leather, or beaded token-on-a-string. One event I went to
handed every on-board person a really nice Celtic knotwork  laminated
bookmark with a tassel. That was very nice, inexpensive to make, and useful
afterwards. Some folks just hand out colored ribbons. One color for onboard,
one color for off.

My daughter received a nifty device to make plied-yarn friendship bracelets.
Since plying is a neat period craft, and this machine takes the work out of
it, I want to offer plied color tokens sometime in the near future.

Cheers

Aoife

<< This
was also a response to the spate we had a few years ago of people eating
feast
but
not paying for it. >>

Huh? Don't you have site tokens for feasters? We have never had anyone
onboard that is not supposed to SFAIK. Requiring a person to wear there
feast
token prominently displayed and asking for one if it is not and there is a
suspicion works well.

Ras