SC - Fw: Prosphora Stamps (was Byzantine Bread Stamps)

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Tue Mar 14 10:13:59 PST 2000

I asked my Byzantine List, and just got a very interesting and detailed
response on the usage of the bread stamps. I hope this helps- I found it
very interesting.

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous