SC - eventing with livestock/pets

margali margali at 99main.com
Tue Mar 14 15:24:28 PST 2000

A reserved yes. If you have a waterer that refills from a hose and
willnot tip and spill, and if you have a bulk feeder that they can self
feed with a 50 lbbagsworth of feed....and you dont care about gathering
eggs.....or if you can bribe a neightborhood 4h kid to come in and take
care of tehm at least once per day.
My cat has a large bin of food and uses the great white punchbowl[he
hates his pet fountain and prefers it from ...another ahem ...source],
even my dog, back when he was still alive was a bin feeder, and we have
a pet door that he used. We didnt really worry about being ripped off,
anybody who sees the largest pet door available, and notices the size of
the dog going in and out...and notices that he is rather defensive
probably wouldnt try breaking in. At any rate, with modern construction,
there is not much to keep crooks out-big sunny windows and all!
margali

I've always wanted to have ducks or geese as a prevention against lyme
disease (they eat the ticks.  I've had the disease, not quite completely

over it's effects  yet) living out in the wilds of the Poconos near a
lake,
but the beagle and the 2 cats (ok, 1 cat and one stupid Persian found
starving 'cause she didn't know how to feed herself) seem to preclude
all
that. Can you go event-ing and still have fowl?