SC - the fake meat debate

Lady Gwynydd of Culloden Gwynydd_of_Culloden at freemail.com.au
Tue Mar 14 17:54:22 PST 2000

- ------------APFM23959020

I just wanted to give one person's perspective on the fake meat debate.

Personally, I like to have FUN with my food and sometimes that means using fakes.  I am particularly fond of fake bacon and we occasionally have a fry up of "bacon", tofu steaks, eggs, tomatoes, and baked beans on toast with a strong sweet cup of tea.  It tastes great!

I have a seriously fun recipe book called "Bum Steers" and it is just full of the strangest things - some are designed to look or taste like meat and some she has just given meaty names.  Some of our favourite recipes come out of this book (she does some amazing things with gluten, and how could anyone resist a recipe titled "Brains for anti-vivisectionists"?).

Anyhow, I do understand your point of view (and I have heard it more times than I care to count!), but I truly enjoy some of the meat replacement products.  Mind you, my Lady and I find it hard to get too serious about anything and we only dabble with vegetarianism on and off!

By the way, thanks to all the kind folks who sent greetings!
Take care

Gwynydd of Culloden (Ynys Fawr, Lochac, the Kingdom of the West

At 2000-03-14 13:31:29.687001,
LrdRas at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 3/13/00 1:54:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> Seton1355 at aol.com writes:

> Falafel? I am always amazed at the amount of energy that
> vegetarians spend
> trying to come up with fake 'meat' products.
> Ras
> (who has many vegetarian friends but none that eat fake meat)
> SCA-Cooks".

> =========

 Send Amazing Cards FREE by e-mail with
 FREE e-Gift and FREE decoration:
 www.mini-card.com/index.asp?referer=fm1
 Get your own free email account at
 http://www.freemail.com.au/ now part of the
 Webuser.com.au independent portal. Visit at…
 http://www.webuser.com.au

- ------------APFM23959020--