SC - what to do with extra egg yolks?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Mar 14 19:43:50 PST 2000

"Alderton, Philippa" wrote:

> I was thinking of the gilding idea too, but the main meat is to be veal
> kabobs- not really compatible. Are there any sort of custard recipes which
> might be compatible?
>
> Phlip

Almost certainly. On the other hand, did I hear that this meal was
mostly 15th-century Italian? Doesn't Platina have  a frictella,
basically a fricassee, of any meat you wish, including veal, in a sauce
sharpened with vinegar or verjuice and thickened with egg yolks? It
might be possible to incorporate the yolks into a dish without actually
adding one...a dish, I mean.

And then, of course, IIRC, 152 yolks will make 61 cups of zabaglione,
which will make the BOYS very happy ;  ) .

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com