SC - viking age porridge

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Tue Mar 14 23:33:59 PST 2000

I spoke earlier of a viking age (a 10th C. Gotland womans grave, IIRC)
porridge based on archeological finds. I just rechecked with the one of
the archaeologist who worked with the find, and what the analysis said
was that it contained barley and pea, with milkfats most likely from
sheep.

I first thought that I should play with this in pease, and then propose
a reconstruction based on the data. But then I decided that this group
had too little traffic, and decided to see what could be done with it.

Ok, what suggestions does the group have for how to reconstruct it?

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
"English is the result of Norman soldiers attempting to pick up
Anglo-Saxon barmaids, and is no more legitimate than any of the other
results."               -- H. Beam Piper