SC - Competition entry

David, Tracy tdavid at Exchange.FULLERTON.EDU
Wed Mar 15 08:26:14 PST 2000

Now there's a familiarity for me......Pastry competitions tend to gear their
judging much much more on presentation than anything else.  I've seen
creations that would take HOURS to create with no real intriguing taste to
them.  As a matter of fact, I've seen cococtions that were 95% molding
chocolate (really a TERRIBLE thing to do to chocolate.....the
worst....making it inedible!) and 5% edible pastry.  Personally I think when
you lose the medium like that, it's no longer a food competition.

- -----Original Message-----
From: Christi Rigby [mailto:christirigby at pcisys.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2000 2:14 AM
To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
Subject: RE: SC - Competition entry

I actually like A&S competitions.  I have entered 2 and the only problem I
found was that most of the judges knew very little about period cooking, so
not only did they only have my documentation to go on, they were much more
impressed with costuming and such as artworks, rather than the food.

My $.02 worth

Murkial