SC - Phillipa and her d*mn project <giggle>

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Wed Mar 15 09:59:35 PST 2000

Cuz, while I'm very much a fan of Authentic preiod cooking, or at least as
authentic as we can produce, I can certainly understand your desire to make
edible foods for your preferences.

In many of these recipes, you'll see a phrase to the effect of (and if ye
haf not enow, then add "whatever") (or on a fische day, use almonde milke).

Yes, I agree that we should use the most period ingredients whenever we can.
Yes, I sgree that when we make non-period substitutions, we should not call
it period.

Lady Phillipa is attempting to make edible food for herself and others with
specific problems- she is modeling it on medieval food, but at no time has
she claimed that it is actually period food- she has made that abundantly
clear.

Cariadoc, you're being a Grouch! Kindly ask your Lady Elizabeth to hit you
with a shoe! Tell her your other wife, who also understands your humor,
said!

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous